Are you ready to take control of your finances and become financially empowered? Enrolling in Financial Futures twelve-week program facilitated by Women’s Money Matters, provides coaching and curriculum geared specifically for women who want to gain control over their finances, increase economic self-sufficiency, and transform their lives by learning core money management skills.
Financial Futures is made possible by United Way of Greater New Bedford's Women United. Click here to learn more about Women United.
Program participants will:
- See results like higher credit scores, decreased debts, and new/more savings
- Connect to relief organizations and preferred loans
- Gain access to additional Women’s Money Matters financial-oriented programs
- Meet other women and create a support community
- Reduce financial anxiety
Program Details & Requirements
- A series of 12 weekly workshops (see upcoming workshops below)
- Workshops occur Tuesday evenings from 6:30 to approximately 8:00 pm
- Participants are expected to attend each week
- The virtual program is conducted live using Zoom (access to technology available if needed)
Each participant is matched with a personal volunteer coach:
- Matches are based on your application and introduction meeting with the program leader
- Coach and participant attend workshops together each week
- Coach and participant meet 1:1 between workshops to work on the participant’s personal financial goals
Workshops are interactive and include guest presenters
- Participants are encouraged to share ideas and experiences for community-based learning
- Interactive exercises are conducted with both small groups and 1-1 breakouts
- Guest presenters from financial institutions attend regularly to address questions from the group. No two workshops are alike
Spring Workshop - In person
March 5 – May 28, 2024
6:30 - 8 pm
Childcare will be available
Click here to register for the Spring Workshop
Fall Workshop - In person
More cohort dates to be announced soon. Click here to be notified about future cohorts.
- Interested in teaching women to be self-sufficient? Click here to become a presenter.
- Interested in helping women become financially empowered? Click here to become a coach.
Questions about Financial Futures? Contact Paula Montgomery at 508.994.9625 ext. 213 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.