While the holiday season can be a time of joy, many of our residents face a new set of challenges. Beginning with Thanksgiving and through the New Year, this season can be extremely stressful for families already struggling to make sure every day needs are being met. The added financial strain around this time of year can be daunting. Many local organizations do what they can to support their clients and families around this time.
United Way of Greater New Bedford has a long history of providing holiday support through various initiatives such as Hunger Heroes, Holiday Wishes, and the Firefighter Toy Drive. In an effort to streamline, maximize impact and efficiency, UWGNB has launched a new Holidays United Fund. This fund will help local nonprofits brighten the holidays for individuals and families who are in need. Through holiday assistance programs, such as toys, gifts, clothing, or food.
The Holiday United Fund offers small grants $500 - $2,000 to local non-profit organizations with holiday assistance programs offered between November 15, 2022 and January 1, 2023. The spirit of this grant is to inspire and support all of the activities that make holiday programs in our region a success. We seek to enhance what has already been accomplished prior to this grant.
- One application per 501(c)3
- Funded projects must be for Holiday Season (November 15, 2022 and January 1, 2023)
- Funds will be made available in early November
- If you traditionally receive toys and meals through other UWGNB Holiday Initiatives, please only request what you need outside those efforts.
Who Cannot Apply
- Fraternal, political, or religious organizations
- Groups which discriminate
- Any previous recipient that did not adhere to the policy, criteria, terms, conditions and commitments of United Way of Greater New Bedford funding
We will not fund:
- Decorations and food for holiday parties
- Venue rental for events
Applications are no longer being accepted for 2022.
For more information, contact Sarah Rose at 508-994-9625 ext. 218 or firstname.lastname@example.org