Youth volunteers make a real difference in our community – and United Way can help connect you to the fun, meaningful opportunities that give you a chance to help others.
To find a volunteer opportunity now, click here.
Why should you volunteer?
- So that you can have an opportunity to help others and make a positive change in the world.
- You’ll learn job skills, explore and develop your interests and talents, and gain valuable experience.
- To spend time with friends – and make new ones.
- Volunteer activities add value to college applications and work resumes.
- To help you fill all that free time in the summer.
- Volunteering can help you learn about possible careers.
- Because it’s fun!
Youth Day of Caring
The Youth Day of Caring provides local high school students with the opportunity to take a day out of school and volunteer at local nonprofit agencies.
While the agencies receive some much needed assistance with their projects, students are afforded the opportunity to witness, firsthand, the challenges that we face as a community and the value of getting involved and becoming part of the solution.
With increasingly limited financial resources in the nonprofit sector, Youth Day of Caring volunteer support is more important than ever.
If you are a student, school employee or nonprofit interested in participating in the Day of Caring, please contact us at 508-994-9625, ext. 15 or click here.