Companies and United Way care about creating a stronger community where we can all lend a hand to advance the common good.
Volunteerism is a key component of many companies’ philanthropic and community goals. Through our annual Day of Caring and Volunteer Solutions database, United Way helps companies connect the volunteer power of their employees to where it’s needed most.
Volunteering through the workplace benefits employees, corporations, and the community at large. Employees have the opportunity to put their skills to action, companies demonstrate their corporate citizenship, and people’s lives are improved.
Employees benefit by:
- Building ties to the local community
- Learning new skills including leadership and supervision
- Strengthening relationships with colleagues
- Enhancing their relationship and esteem for the company
Corporations benefit by:
- Gaining improved relations with members of their community
- Learning about critical community issues
- Building morale and sense of team spirit
- Enhancing their ability to recruit and retain high-quality employees
Day of Caring
The Day of Caring is an event where volunteers from local businesses give their time and services by assisting nonprofit agencies with various projects that they may not otherwise have the staff or resources to accomplish.
This event not only provides agencies with valuable support, but it also allows volunteers to see first-hand the tremendous work being done in the community.
This year, we are transitioning to an online sign up process! Any businesses or nonprofits who are interested in participating in the Day of Caring, please contact us at 508-994-9625, ext. 15 or click here to e-mail.
Day of Caring is held every September.